See here the list of Top 10 best steam irons. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones
- 🔎 CUT YOUR IRONING TIME IN HALF - Easy gliding across various garments, smoothing hard-to-reach areas, and 1700-Watts of Power with our Rapid Even Heat Technology.
- 🔎 TRUE POSITION AXIAL ALIGNED STEAM HOLES - Scientific research and testing has proven that less is better when it comes to steam holes. The placement, alignment and size of our steam holes...
- 🔎 EASY CONTROL THERMOSTAT DIAL - Easily select the ideal steam output based on fabric type. Anti-Drip feature, 55g/min steam capacity and ANTI-CALC to prevent mineral build up.
- STAINLESS-STEEL SOLEPLATE W/ PRECISION TIP - Easy gliding across different garments, smoothing hard-to-reach areas, and 1700-Watts of Power
- 400+ STEAM HOLES WITH 35 G/MIN OF STEAM - Provide excellent steam distribution
- EASY CONTROL THERMOSTAT KNOB - Easily select the ideal steam output based on fabric
- Exceptional 5 bars of pressure ideal for removing wrinkles from hanging garments or drapes and or smoothing and shaping sewing projects
- Micro steam 400 Stainless Steel Soleplate. Power cord length : 1.9 meter
- Constant High Powered Steam - available at the touch of a trigger, the powerful steam makes ironing fast and effortless
- 1800 WATTS OF POWER TO CLEAN THE WHOLE HOUSE - Iron out the wrinkles and refresh not only any type of clothing, but also other house hold garments like curtains and blankets
- POWERFUL BURST OF STEAM (210G) - Smothes out even the worst wrinkles on thick garments such as suits or curtains with up to 30% more steam than irons without pump technology
- 400 STEAMHOLES AND STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE - Even steam distribution and smooth gliding across different garments for years to come
- 9 PRESET MODES - features a clear-view LCD screen, Stop with the guesswork and don't burn your clothes! Select your fabric type and always iron with the right heat. Ideal temps for nylon, silk, wool,...
- DOUBLE CERAMIC SOLEPLATE - Harder than stainless steel, super scratch resistant, and more durable and easier to clean! Protect your delicate clothes with a unique double-layer design that ensures even...
- BE SAFER WITH AUTO SHUTOFF - We all get distracted at some point, so DON'T PUT THOSE AROUND YOU AT RISK! Motion sensors automatically shut off the iron to avoid danger when it sits motionless for too...
- MADE WITH CHI FLAT IRON TECHNOLOGY. Designed using the same titanium-infused ceramic soleplate technology that powers CHI's hair styling tools, including the flagship CHI G2 Flat Iron.
- GOOD HOUSEKEEPING AWARD WINNER: Named Awesome Steam Iron in the 2019 Good Housekeeping Top-Tested Cleaning Awards.
- POWERFUL STEAM FOR EFFORTLESS IRONING. With over 400 steam holes, this iron delivers powerful steam that makes the process of steaming out wrinkles smooth and fast. The temperature control swivels...
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - The durable, heavy-duty soleplate glides smoothly over all fabric types to press out wrinkles in no time. Comfort Grip Handle
- High Steam Rate - Blast away wrinkles efficiently with customizable digital settings that deliver the perfect amount of steam according to fabric type. Item dimensions is 11 x 5.6 x 4.6 inch
- Digital Temperature Control - The clear-view LCD screen makes it easy to customize fabric and steam settings. Plus, the screen will flash "READY" once the iron is preheated to the selected temperature
- HEATS FASTER: Maytag's M400 Iron reaches max temperature in less than a minute, much faster than traditional irons. Plus, it only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate - the anti-wrinkle spray,...
- VERTICAL STEAM: The Maytag M400 is not JUST for ironing, now you can steam out wrinkles on your hanging garments too, with the vertical steam function - ergonomic soft touch grip provides the perfect...
- PRECISION THERMOSTAT: Iron specialty fabrics - Linen, Cotton, Silk, Wool, Nylon, or Synthetic; simply turn the dial for a precise temperature and ironing becomes quick and effortless for ALL your...
- Steammaster steam iron features 1400 watts of power, large stainless steel nonstick soleplate, large water tank, and anti-drip system to prevent water leakage at any temperature setting
- Clothes iron has a Shot of Steam feature for an extra burst of steam on flat surfaces or vertically hanging clothes or draperies
- 3-Way Motion Smart auto-off for safety and peace of mind
- 8.5" Premium Stainless Steel Soleplate with holes for even distribution of steam
- 1500 Watts provide Powerful Steam
- Water tank with a 260 ml capacity and easy fill door
1. The Philips Azur Performer steam iron
The Philips Azur Performer steam iron offers a compact and clever ironing system, including innovative steam and temperature control. The effective household helper is equipped with a SteamGlide Plus soleplate with 2400 W power for easy gliding. The automatic steam control and the 3-times precision tip provide the best comfort when ironing.
To ensure that the iron performs well over a long period of time, the double-active Calc-Clean system is available. Anti-limescale tablets and a user-friendly Calc-Clean function prevent limescale and extend the life of the iron. Performance combined with ease of use also characterizes this iron.
The automatic steam control doses the right amount of steam for each garment. Thus, you no longer have to worry about choosing the right amount of steam. After choosing the temperature for each garment, you can start. The SteamGlide Plus soleplate ensures optimum gliding and faster ironing. Thanks to the specially developed openings, an even distribution of steam is ensured.
For stubborn creases or for vertical ironing, simply use the steam push function (up to 160g). The constant steam output of up to 40 g / min makes it easy to smooth out any wrinkles. For the iron from Philips also speaks the powerful performance of 2400 watts, which means in the end a quick heating and excellent ironing results.
2. Tefal steam iron Ultragliss with 120 g of steam in turquoise blue / white
The Tefal steam iron Ultragliss with 120g shot of steam offers innovative ironing technology for the discerning customer of today. The new model from Tefal now comes with even more steam and eco-function on the market. The Durilium sole has three vapor zones, ACTIF lines and a “reverse” function for best ironing properties.
The amount of steam you can choose comfortably even between 0-40 g / min. The steam blast amount is also convincing with 120g / min. For even better ironing results, there is the vertical steam function. The built-in anti-limestone cassette with self-cleaning function extends the life of the iron because it protects the device from calcification and you can also use this iron with normal performance water. The Eco function of the iron allows up to 20% higher energy savings and with only one setting on the steam regulator.
Thanks to the two-tone ergonomic soft grip, this household appliance feels good and firm in the hand. The water tank has a generous capacity of 300ml, the extra-large filling opening allows easy refilling. The stern of the iron is open – you can park it sturdy while ironing.
Another practical feature is the Easycord system: your hands are free to iron and the cable does not touch the ironing material.
3. Philips Azur Performer Plus with automatic shut-off and T-IonicGlide soleplate
High performance and ease of use – this combination is offered by the Philips steam iron Azur Performer. The 2600 watts of power ensures fast heating and best ironing results. This appliance is particularly easy to handle, thanks to its T-IonicGlide soleplate you get the best gliding in no time at all. After a long standstill, the iron switches off automatically, what the automatic shutdown provides.
In vertical standing position, the automatic switch-off occurs after eight minutes. If the iron is resting on the soleplate or lying on its side and is not used for 30 seconds, the automatic will switch off the appliance as well. The low weight allows easy gliding over your garments. For optimal ironing, use the steam function: The water tank can be filled with 300 ml of water, the iron can be quickly and easily filled and emptied through the filler opening.
The drip-stop function is very helpful and practical: it also allows you to iron delicate fabrics at low temperatures, without staining them with drops of water. To smooth out stubborn wrinkles, the 220g steam is very useful, and this feature can also be very helpful for vertical straightening of laundry. The Philips device has an integrated lime cartridge that ensures long-lasting steam performance by capturing lime particles during ironing.
The T-IonicGlide premium soleplate sets new standards in terms of anti-slip and scratch resistance for irons. Thanks to its carefully designed shape and the openings on the sole, even steam distribution and smoothing are ensured.
4. Russell Hobbs Steamglide Pro steam iron with soft touch grip
The products of Russell Hobbs are high-quality, modern and innovative, in addition they make everyday life easier. The steam iron Steam Glide Pro with an extra steam burst of 144 g / min and a variable steam of up to 43 g / min, so you can easily slide through all the tissues. The technical data of the Russell Hobbs iron are quite impressive. The maximum power consumption of 2,600 watts can beat only a few products of the competition.
Due to the high performance a fast operational readiness and a constant steam emission is guaranteed. The constant amount of steam is adjusted via a small slider at the front end of the soft-touch handle, while the steam pulse can be activated with a button located behind it. With another button next to it, you can activate a spray forward to moisten the laundry. The cable of the Russel Hobbs device is 2 meters long and attached to the iron via a movable 360 ° hinge.
A drip-stop function on the soleplate prevents the leakage of water and a warning light informs you about reaching the required temperature. The desired temperature can be infinitely selected with a central rotary control. Thanks to the triple precision tip, an even heat distribution along the soleplate and a constant steam output, you can use the EasySpeed Plus steam irons from Philips to iron your textiles even faster.
An interesting product feature is the Calc-Clean-System: With the Calc-Clean-Button you can easily remove limescale from your iron. To give you the best results for a long time, this Philips steam iron should use this descaling feature at least once a month. The ceramic soleplate, which slides very well and is easy to clean, also ensures effective ironing. Included in the delivery is a heat-resistant box, which is used for the safe, easy and quick storage of your steam iron.
5. Comfort Philips steam iron with 2000 watts of power
The Comfort steam iron from Philips promises quick and efficient ironing. This is mainly due to the non-stick sole, which ensures good lubricity on a wide variety of fabrics. The maximum output of 2000 watts allows you to heat up quickly, so you can iron your shirt just before you go to the office. The steam shot of up to 100g / min smoothes easily and quickly even stubborn wrinkles.
Because of the calcification you need not worry about it: Thanks to the Calc-Clean function, lime is easily removed from your iron, which also extends its service life. The Philips iron gives you three ways to make ironing easier and more efficient:
2000 watts for a quick heating – thanks to a power of 2000 watts, the heating time is reduced enormously and a powerful ironing performance is made possible. Steam shot of up to 100g – the steam burst penetrates deep into the fabric and thus even stubborn wrinkles.
Constant steam output of up to 25 g / min – the constant and powerful steam output smoothes wrinkles of all kinds quickly and efficiently.
The Philips device also has a spray nozzle for even moistening so you can moisten your garments well, making it easier to remove wrinkles. Convincing is also its non-stick soleplate, which ensures easy gliding (it is covered with a special non-stick layer).
6. Sichler mini steam irons – a great choice for travel & holidays
The small steam iron from Sichler is perfect for the holidays and the business trip because it works in addition to the compact size internationally with virtually any outlet. Simply use the voltage switch. When ironing, you can choose to slip the iron effortlessly over your shirts and pants with or without steam. With its three temperature levels, the iron is suitable for almost all fabrics. This device convinces above all by its non-stick sole, pleasant weight and the rubberized grip.
It fits perfectly in your hand and thanks to its compact dimensions, it will fit in any pocket. With a weight of less than a pound, this iron offers the perfect compromise of good weight for smoothing and mobility. The main product features:
Suitable for worldwide use
Non-stick soleplate for comfortable gliding
What types of irons are there?
In general, there are 3 main types of irons: the steam iron, the dry iron and the ironing station. The steam iron is a modern variant of an iron. With this household appliance, the laundry can be nicely smoothed not only by the action of heat and by the weight of the soleplate. For even better ironing results also provides the hot steam. When ironing with a steam iron, the textiles are sprayed with steam and thus moistened, so that the fabric fibers for the subsequent smoothing process are more susceptible.
The steam ironing station, on the other hand, is a good helper in households, where larger laundry mountains have to be processed. A steam ironing station works a lot faster than a conventional iron and is also a guarantee for efficient ironing. A dry iron, on the other hand, works without steam.
For whom is the respective model suitable?
Which iron is best for you – with or without cable? Wires with cable are usually lighter than the devices that are powered by battery. When ironing, the arm tires less quickly under the weight and weight of an iron with cable. This is an advantage especially for the consumers, who have to work large amounts of laundry regularly. Manufacturers are always working to reduce the weight of the iron – this applies to both models, with and without cables.
With long ironing, every gram of weight falls over time, so weight is basically an important decision criterion when buying an iron. However, irons with cable can become a hazard if children around them are frolicking and romping and tripping over the cable. The iron could then fall off and possibly injure the child due to the heat. In such cases, it may be better to iron with an iron with a battery.
Irons with batteries are a good choice for travelers and campers, because they can even iron in the open air. However, you should rely on an iron with a very long battery life.
In industrial ironing, however, the use of an ironing station with string makes sense. Such ironing stations are designed so that the cord rarely falls to the ground, but is held up by a device. This will prevent cable clutter. The question of which type of iron seems more appropriate concerns the parents in particular. But business travelers will also appreciate the benefits of a battery-operated iron. In an emergency, you can then quickly slide over the shirt even on the train. The diminishing performance is somewhat disadvantageous when ironing with a rechargeable iron.
How to clean an iron?
Regular descaling and proper care will extend the life of your iron. If you discover that white stains appear on your laundry or if your iron stops steaming, it is time to descale the iron. The best cleaning method is an iron descaler. The modern steam iron models are equipped with an anti-lime cartridge. In this case, it is sufficient to simply replace the cartridge. You open the cartridge compartment and remove the old cartridge.
The new cartridge must be pressed firmly into the cartridge compartment, and after locking, you can close the cartridge compartment and continue ironing. You can also clean the iron using a conventional descaler. For this purpose, fill the emptied water tank with a descaler liquid and turn the iron to the highest level. Then a few bursts of steam are released. After about 15 minutes, repeat this process until the steam and spray function works smoothly. Finally, rinse with water to remove descaling residues from the piping system.