See here the list of Top 10 best steak knives. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones
- 4 SURGICAL RUST-FREE STEEL BLADES | ULTIMATE SHARPNESS: Unlike other manufacturers, our steak knives are of surgical grade and stainless steel. Slide through your next steak with ease.
- MANUFACTURED ESPECIALLY FOR STEAK-EATERS: Ice-tempered steel keeps its edge longer than heat-tempered steel. Expertly crafted 5-inch precision-cut edges are designed specifically for cutting steaks,...
- A STEAK KNIFE THAT LOOKS AND FEELS GOOD IN ALL CONDITIONS: Your steak knife deserves to look as good as it cuts-and it has to cut really well. Designed ergonomically and specifically for steak-eaters,...
- WÜSTHOF GOURMET SERIES - 6 Piece Steak Knife Set with triple riveted synthetic polypropylene handles that resist fading, discoloration, heat and impact. Precisely laser-cut stamped knives offer...
- RAZOR SHARP - High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades, precisely cut with the latest state of the art technology for incredible sharpness and easy maintenance. WÜSTHOF kitchen knives are Hand Wash Only
- WÜSTHOF STEAK KNIFE SET - Includes six 4 1/2" Steak Knives. Ergonomic handle design made from a long-lasting synthetic material to resist fading and discoloration
- FRUSTRATED WITH STEAK KNIVES THAT HACK UP YOUR STEAKS INSTEAD OF SMOOTHLY SLICING THROUGH? Home Hero's 8-Piece Steak Knife Set features SHARP, FULLY SERRATED STAINLESS STEEL BLADES that cut...
- WHILE OTHER KITCHEN KNIVES OFTEN GET RUST SPOTS AFTER JUST ONE WASH, our steak cutlery set is made of RUST-RESISTANT STAINLESS STEEL to keep its blades SPOTLESS AND PERFORMING AT THEIR BEST. Top-rack...
- UNLIKE CHEAPLY MADE KNIFE SETS WITH FLIMSY HANDLES THAT BREAK AND BEND, Home Hero's kitchen knife set features EXTRA STURDY, ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED POLYPROPYLENE HANDLES with a PROTECTIVE TPR COATING...
- The NEW Standard in Steak Knives: Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price.
- Incredibly sharp, full-tang, imported Thyssenkrupp high-carbon German steel, hand-sharpened to 14-16 degrees per side and expertly heat treated. Clean, straight cuts with 5" of razor sharp German...
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Luxury black pakkawood handle is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures comfort and maneuverability. Protective sheaths...
- Micro-serrated edges never need sharpening.
- Double forged Full Tang handle resist fading, discoloration, heat and impact.
- High-quality German steel Tarnish-resistant, rust-resistant, and easy to clean.
- ⚜ DISCOVER THE NON SERRATED STEAK KNIVES WORTHY OF YOUR TASTE! - When it comes to hosting amazing BBQ's and dinners, you don't like to leave anything to luck. That's why our superior-quality, sharp...
- ✅ YOUR JUICY STEAKS DESERVE THE BEST TREATMENT! - Impress all your friends with a set of 4 stunning steak knives, which will enhance your experience and show everyone that your taste is impeccable....
- ⚔ SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION & ELEGANCE! - Our steak knives are designed with your ultimate convenience in mind. The Full Tang triple-riveted handles and robust Straight Edge blades will not only help...
- Avanta steak knife set comes with four 5" fine edge slicing and carving knives
- The knife blade is constructed from German high carbon stainless steel, which creates and holds a sharper edge, and the handle is made from durable Pakkawood
- This set is crafted from the highest quality German steel, X50CrMoV15, which gives you a knife that is sharp, rust resistant, easy to maintain, holds its edge retention and easy to re-sharpen.
- 1.A Multi-Purpose Kitchen Decor Must: Serrated edge blade design,allowing a smooth slice on steaks and other foods without tears and ridges.The upward curved tip designed to assist in separating meat...
- 2.Premium High Carbon German Steel:Cutting-edge technology, outstanding craftsmanship, stunning unique design, premium German HC stainless steel enables steak kinfe wear-resistant, durable, rust and...
- 3.Ultra-Sharp Blade: High-quality 4 pieces steak knives with micro-serrated edges that is ultimate sharpness, each serration point on this steak knife set is carefully spaced to maximize edge...
- Micro Serrated → Micro-serrated edge is the unique feature of the steak knife,the serrated is samller than other steak knife.(This is not possible with other sellers)
- Ultra-Sharp → Whether the knife is sharp, related to materials and forging,our knife blade is forged with hand-polished edges at 14-16 degrees per side and plus superfine jagged edges,that is why...
- Never Rust → Our steak knife is made from German X50Cr15 stainless steel,it contain 15% chromium that is trace element,due the our knife has high chromium content,so it has excellent corrosion and...
- Eight steak knives packaged in presentation box with mahogany stain
- High-carbon 18/10 stainless-steel serrated blades
- Contemporary, polished 18/10 stainless handles
Guides: Questions to deal with before buying a steak knife
What is a steak knife?
A steak knife is one of the so-called table setting knives. That means you can use it as cutlery to cut cooked meat, especially steaks. Due to the sharpness of the steak knife, the meat is cut with a clean cut and not crushed. So the meat juice stays in the steak and does not leak out.
V-cut steak knives have a very smooth and extremely sharp blade as it does not round off. This cut creates a very thin blade, which is also quite sensitive. For example, you often find such cuts on Japanese knives.
Why do I need a steak knife?
If you regularly prepare meat and especially steaks, you should consider buying a steak knife. It gives you the advantage that your prepared meat remains juicy even after cutting. By rediscovering the food culture, the steak knife has become increasingly popular lately.
Where can I buy steak knives?
You can get steak knives both in specialist shops and in well-stocked supermarkets or department stores. Also, the online sale of steak knives has recently increased sharply. On the Internet, you have a much wider choice and can compare the different offers easier. Also customer reviews you can easily retrieve here.
The following stores offer steak knives:
- department stores
Steak knives are sold on the Internet, among others, at the following shops:
All steak knives that we present on this page are provided with a link to at least one of these stores. So you can strike directly if you have found a steak knife that meets your wishes and requirements.
What do steak knives cost?
You can usually get steak knives in a set between two and twelve pieces. The most common variant here is a 6-piece steak knife set. You can rarely get single steak knives. The corresponding unit price of the various steak knives varies between 1 Euro and about 110 Euro. Here above all material, processing and brand name determine the price.
For cheaper models of about 1 to 3.50 euros each , the handle of the steak knife is usually made of plastic , which looks less noble on the table setting. In addition, the processing of the blade is usually not so high quality. Therefore, these steak knives often do not last as long or do not cut as well as higher priced models.
Between 3.50 and 10 euros per piece you usually get an acceptable quality. Here, the handle is usually made of stainless steel and goes almost seamlessly into the blade. Also models with wooden handle are common in this price range.
Where can I engrave steak knives?
For steak knives, it is common to engrave them. Many buyers, for example, engrave their initials on the knife handle. Engravings are offered by many shops and sellers of steak knives.
Often you can have your steak knives engraved in department stores or at specialty stores. This is also being offered more and more online. For example, many sellers of steak knives on the Internet offer this directly when buying. All you have to do is specify your desired engraving.
Decision: What types of steak knives are there and which one is right for you?
Basically, you can distinguish between three types of steak knives:
- Steak knife with smooth finish
- Steak knife with serrated edge
- Steak knife with micro-toothing
In addition to the good piece of meat and the right preparation, the right steak knife is of central importance for a tasty steak experience. It is very important that the meat is cut with a proper cut to ensure full enjoyment.
The steak knives differ essentially in the type of blade or their cut. The different types of cut of the steak knives each have different characteristics and properties. To help you decide, the next section briefly introduces you to the three different types of steak knives, and clearly outlines the pros and cons, so you can decide which one is right for you.
Purchase criteria: These factors allow you to compare and rate steak knives
In the following we would like to show you, based on which criteria you can compare and rate steak knives. So you can decide for yourself which knife set is best for you.
These are the most important comparison criteria:
- blade length
- blade material
- handle material
In the following paragraphs we explain you the individual purchase criteria and how you can classify them.
Steak knives are usually available in sets of two to twelve pieces. Since they are primarily used as cutlery , you can judge here by the average number of people eating . But it is never wrong to have a few steak knives in reserve if you expect more guests.
Steak knife sets can be purchased in different packaging. As a rule, the knives are packed in a cardboard or plastic box or in a wooden box. You can also use these to store the steak knives.
3. Blade length
Steak knives have a blade length between 9 and 12 cm. A longer blade offers you the advantage that you can easily cut even larger pieces of meat with it. A shorter blade, on the other hand, is easier to handle and offers you the advantage of easier and more flexible handling.
4. Blade material
The blade of a steak knife is usually made of stainless steel. Stainless steel is usually stainless and very easy to clean. Rarely you can also get steak knives with a Damascus steel blade . This offers you the advantage that it is particularly robust and durable .
5. Blades cut
You can get steak knives with smooth blade cut or wave or saw cut. A smoothed blade is easier to sharpen. You should, however, bring a serrated blade to a specialist for resharpening, as you would destroy the grind with a standard grinder. The serrated edge is said to have a higher cutting force and a longer lasting sharpness.
If your steak knife has not been reground for a long time, you should use a whetstone with a grain size of less than 800 to get a good pre-sanding. After you have finished the pre-sanding, you should use a grindstone with a grain size of 800-2000.
6. Handle material
There are knife handles made of wood, metal, plastic and bone or horn. The choice of material depends primarily on your preference and budget. However, you should make sure that the material is easy to clean , so that bacteria can not fix well. In addition, the handle material should have a high density. This is a sign of stability and longevity.
Most often you will find chef’s knives with stainless steel, plastic or wooden handles. Bone or horn handles are relatively rare and you will find them more in the high-priced segment. In particular, we can not recommend bone as handle material, because it decomposes with time and becomes brittle.