See here the list of Top 10 best professional hair trimmers. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones
- [VERSATILE] Made of high quality stainless steel, this cordless Ear and Nose Hair Trimmer can effectively and comfortably remove unwanted hair from your nose, ears, eyebrows, beard and face....
- [DUAL-EDGE SPINNING BLADES] This nose hair trimmer features a dual-edge spinning blades system with protective cover, inner 360° rotating design, which precisely removes the hairs without painful and...
- [IPX7 WATERPROOF & EASY CLEANSING] Waterproof and washable, easily deal with residual by soak cleaning, even you take a shower. Washable and removable trimmer head is convenient for cleaning and...
- No pulling guaranteed with the advanced trimming system that shields the blades from your skin
- Lithium AA battery for maximum power. Stainless steel blades
- 2 interchangeable trimming elements: dedicated nose and skin friendly precision
- The all-in-one trimmer for your choice of beard, head, body, and/or face hair styling with 23 pieces for all your trimming needs.
- The DualCut technology offers maximum precision and includes 2x more self-sharpening blades that last up to 5 years
- To deliver maximum torque and power, the all-in-one trimmer includes a full-metal motor and a drive train that's been reinforced with tempered steel.
- Includes one AA battery, for up to 2 months use
- Integrated skin protector guards your skin while you trim
- Bi-directional trimmer seamlessly cuts hair in both directions
- Cordless Convenience - Color Pro Cordless is rechargeable and wireless. Cord/Cordless allows you to use the clipper on battery or when its charging.
- Color Coded Guide Combs - Finding and remembering everyone's favorite hair length is easier than ever. Corresponding the correct comb to the right cutting length is simple with our easy to see...
- Hygienic Grooming - Since our blades are removable and rinseable they are easy to clean. Simply run them under water to wash away excess clippings and trimmings.
- Innovative Dual Edge Blades: Panasonic nose hair trimmer for men comfortably removes nose, ear and unwanted facial hair plus details beards and eyebrows with dual edge blades
- Clean and Precision Trimming: Curved, hypoallergenic, stainless steel blades match the contour of your nostrils to trim the hair safely and precisely, without irritating skin or pulling hairs
- Wet/Dry Convenience: Fully waterproof men's personal groomer is made for nose and ear trimming convenience, safely use dry anytime or in the shower; 100percentage washable for easy cleaning in seconds
- Easily and comfortably trim unwanted nose, ear, eyebrow, neck, sideburns, stubble and beard hair
- With Dual Cut technology, twice sharpened for sharper blades and perfect edging. Cutter width nose trimmer - 13/16 Inches. Cutter width detail trimmer - 13/16 Inches. 1 beard comb - 1/8 Inches ....
- Skin-friendly Detail trimmer and comb have rounded tips to comfortably trim your neck, sideburns, stubble and beard
- 13 attachments for all of your grooming needs: Full size steel trimmer, a steel precision trimmer, a nose and ear hair trimmer, 3 hair trimming guards, 3 beard trimming guards, a stubble guard, an...
- Maximum precision with DualCut technology, which includes 2x more self-sharpening blades. The steel blades sharpen themselves as they work, resulting in blades that remain as sharp as day 1 after 2...
- Best selling trimmer from the #1 trimmer brand*
- Stainless Steel Blades - Our high-carbon precision-ground blades stay sharp longer, use in conjunction with our six-position beard regulator for multiple face trimming lengths; our beard guards vary...
- 14 Cutting Lengths - Achieve a range of beard styles with 14 different trimming lengths from 1/16" to 1/2"; rechargeable for cordless convenience, comes with bonus nose & ear trimmer with rinsible...
- Dual Voltage - Groomsman supports worldwide voltage & can be used for both 110v and 220v; includes adjustable guide comb, 3 stubble combs and 4 hair guide combs, storage travel zipper pouch, styling...
- Color coded guide combs make it easy to remember everyone's favorite hair length, every time you cut
- Color coded keys make it easy to correspond the correct comb to the right setting
- Self-Sharpening, high-carbon steel blades are precision ground to stay sharp longer
Hair clipper comparison 2019
On the test and comparison portal of COMPUTER BILD we present you the best hair trimmers. Do not feel like running to the barber all the time? How about if your partner missed your desired hairstyle. With the right hair clipper and a little skill that is absolutely possible. The best devices are characterized by a large number of different cutting steps and variability in the cutting length.
Before doing a test at home, however, you should inform yourself about the operating and charging time. Some hair trimmers take more than 10 hours before they are fully operational again. Our comprehensive product table also provides information about the scope of delivery and reveals which models you can count on with a charging station, storage bag and comb attachments.
Kaufberatung zur Haarschneider-Test or -Vergleich: Find with our help your personal hair trimmer test winner!
The easiest to use is a hair clipper with battery, which convinces with a long battery life and can be used without disturbing cables. However, as some models need to be recharged after about 30 minutes (and often have more than 10 hours of charging time), it’s especially important to pay close attention to this category in a hair clipper test.
Who wants to invest in the best hair trimmer with a particularly long life, buys a hair trimmer with titanium blade. This not only ensures a very smooth cut – many models are self-sharpening, which facilitates the care. If you want to use your hair trimmer in the shower, a waterproof model is recommended. This facilitates shaving through the soft and wet hair, keeps the bath clean and makes the intimate shave easier.
If you are looking for a new hair clipper, you will find a huge range of different models. Hair trimmers for thin hair, for long hair, combinations of hair and beard trimmers and also in the price categories, there are enormous differences.
In our Hair Trimmer Comparison 2019 we show you what to look for when buying hair trimmer, give in our buying advice tips, which hair shaver ideal for you and where you can buy cheap hair trimmer.
1. How a hair clipper works?
A hair clipper consists of blades (the knives) which are moved by the electric drive. However, only one of the blades moves in order to achieve the left-right movement against the other, fixed knife. This movement from one side to the other causes the cut.
2. Buy hair trimmer: Which blade can do what
In a hair clipper test, it is noticeable that there are different materials in the blades. Titanium, stainless steel and ceramics are the most common materials used to make a razor blade. You should know that the material is not necessarily critical to the quality of the cut. Rather, it is the processing of manufacturers who make a blade sharp and filigree or not. A hair machine with blades, which has particularly fine teeth, allows a particularly fine work and is therefore also used in the professional field.
2.1. But what material is there anyway?
Hair trimmer with titanium blade
Electric shavers in a test with titanium blades are the most expensive models.
The cut of a titanium blade is perceived as sharper and smoother especially in the professional field.
Many models are self-sharpening and accordingly easy to clean.
Hair trimmer with stainless steel blade
Stainless steel is rust-free and therefore particularly popular because it can not rust when used in the bathroom with water.
Stainless steel is also one of the cheaper materials and makes the purchase particularly affordable.
Hair trimmer with ceramic blade
Ceramic allows a very smooth cut.
Good quality, but much cheaper than pure titanium blades and therefore highly recommended for the private sector.
If you are looking for the best hair trimmer and you use the device very often, we recommend a professional hair trimmer with titanium blades despite the higher price. For example, the Philips Series 9000 series hair trimmer is a titanium blade model, with the advantage of being able to store cut lengths, as well as being very comfortable to use. With a price between 100 and 150 euros, although not a cheap hair clipper, but worth the purchase in the long run.
In the following you can take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of the hair trimmer with titanium blade:
Ideal for cutting fine contours.
Convince by a very long life.
Belong to the most expensive hair razors in a test.
3. Hair Trimmer Purchase Advice: These are particularly important in the haircutter purchase
3.1. The cut length must match your type
For the right hair length different cutting steps and attachments are important.
Anyone looking at an electric shaver test will quickly notice that the devices have very different cutting lengths. From 0 to 50 mm, the lengths vary – depending on the brand and manufacturer. It must be distinguished that there are different cutting levels. The more cutting steps are available, the more accurate the hair clipper can be adjusted.
For example, the Remington HC 5800 convinces with 21 cutting steps, which can be adjusted from 1 to 42 mm. However, if you compare this model to the Philips Series 9000, you will notice that this model has 400 cutting steps, which can be adjusted between 0.5 and 42 mm. If hair cutting has been done at the hairdresser, you should know your length of cut. This makes it easier to find the best hair trimmer for you.
3.2. The battery life can be an important purchase criterion
As with a simple shaver, the hair shaver also varies greatly in terms of operating time. Almost all hair clippers from a test can be freed from the socket used as a battery model. However, the terms vary from around 30 minutes to over 3 hours.
For example, 30 minutes can be too short for a very filigree cut and a charging cable on the hair shaver is usually impractical when cutting hair and in the way. If you can not decide between two models, you should choose the cutter with the longer operating time.
Tip: Also pay attention to the loading time. Some razors with rechargeable batteries convince with a practical quick charge function, which makes the razor reusable for a few minutes! Otherwise, the conventional load times can vary from one hour to half a day.
3.3. A charging station can be smart, but requires space
A charging station is handy, but takes up some space. A hair trimmer with charging station has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, the Panasonic hair trimmer ER-GP80 comes with a stylish charging station, but there’s room for it in the bathroom.
If you do not want to place the electric shaver in the bathroom, the charging station is not necessary. Nevertheless, this charging station (in addition to the chic look for storage) has another advantage:
If the cutter is plugged into the station after use, it automatically recharges. However, anyone who places his electric razor in the drawer after cutting his hair and forgets to load before the next cut must, of course, be patient until the battery is full again and the device is ready for use or working with the cable via mains operation. However, this is usually considered too impractical, since the cable is usually in the way.
3.4. Should the hair clipper be waterproof?
Depending on the hair type, shaving is often done under the shower. As with a razor, many models are waterproof in a hair trimmer test. If a hair clipper is waterproof, this has several advantages:
After shaving or cutting the hair, the device can be washed off easily. If the hair is cut in the shower, this goes into the drain and prevents stubble residues in the bathroom or sink. For shaving in the intimate area, it is better if the hair is wet, as they can be cut easily.
For example, the Braun razor HC5050 is waterproof and a true recommendation due to the very good and well-known quality of the Braun brand. This model can also be used as a beard trimmer and comes with attachment.
4. Haircutter at Stiftung Warentest
Injuries from the hair trimmer
In order for a hair trimmer to be safe to use, the lower knife is always fixed and shaped so that it can not injure the scalp. Nevertheless, one should, if one is untrained, cut very slowly and carefully until some routine has set. Stiftung Warentest compared various hair trimmers in the test in 2002. To cut the beard, the Philips HQ T 788 was recommended because he achieved the best result as a beard trimmer with his sharp blades.
The Stiftung Warentest, on the other hand, found the combination appliances to be less recommendable. Although it may seem practical at first glance, if a long-hair trimmer can be used for short hair or beard, but this is in practice by the various essays only impractical and rarely satisfactory result. The best hair clipper on the other hand is the Philips HQ C 484. The hair trimmer test winner convinced by a good handling, there were examples of different hairstyles and also by the quiet running he was well in the hand and allowed clean cuts.
5. Questions and answers about the hair trimmer
5.1. How to oil a hair trimmer?
The oiling of hair clippers is very similar on most models. After the razor has been properly cleaned (for a long life it is best to clean it after each use), put a few drops of oil in the places indicated in the instruction manual. Mostly there are special holes into which the oil can be dropped. From there it flows to the places that need to be oiled regularly, so that the function is properly maintained. If you have bought a hair clipper test winner, usually a small cleaning brush and a vial of oil are included.
5.2. Can I sharpen the blades myself?
Before you want to sharpen the blades, you should take a look at the manual. In a hair clipper comparison online you will find information on whether the respective model is not self-sharpening. Otherwise, with good hair trimmers, the blades can be removed for self-sharpening. Often there are also blades that can be bought for replacement.
5.3. Which manufacturers are known?
Very many brands can be found in a hair clipper comparison. Which is the best brand, of course, depends on your personal needs, because not everyone needs his hair trimmer ub to trim the beard. Basically recommended are, for example, the Moser hair trimmer, trimmers from Panasonic, Braun and Philips.
5.4. Where can I buy a hair clipper cheap?
Online you will find a wide selection of cheap hair cutters. If you want to buy a hair trimmer cheap, it is worth taking a look in one or the other hair clippers test. Do you want a beard trimmer with mains operation or rather one that is practically in use with a battery? Also, the number of essays may be important if the hair clipper not only for the man, but perhaps the son with slightly longer hair should be used.
In a good hair shaver test you will find the brands in direct comparison and sorted by category. Depending on the type (rotatable, adjustable without attachment or, for example, with a cutting length from 0.1 mm), you will be shown the respective hair clipper test winner and also find information on where the respective model can be cheaply bought. You can buy the hair clipper you need online or in a drugstore.
Tip: Do not save at the wrong end. It may well be worth spending a bit more money to buy a quality razor that will last a lifetime.
5.5. Can I use the hair clipper for dogs?
In fact, one should refrain from using a hair trimmer for people on for his pet. The fur structure is different from the hair structure in humans, so that the blades could get stuck and this can lead to a high risk of injury to the animal.
In addition, the coat of a dog usually blurs the blades faster. It is best to buy a special dog hair trimmer for the dog.