See here the list of Top 10 best plant germination kits. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones
- ✓[Premium Quality Materials]: It uses the high-quality and flexible plastic to allow the plants easily removal and be convenient cells pack to make transplanting a breeze and with the thickened...
- ✓[Perfect Size for Seeds Starting]: With the 1.9" length and 2.1" width cell, the size is perfect for starting flowers, herbs, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, beans and eggplants etc. Each cell has the...
- ✓[High Growth Efficiency Design]: At the bottom of each cell with the drain holes design to be helpful for the plants with the rapid growth and reduce the roots oversaturating.
- ☘KORAM SEEDLING STARTER TRAY KIT - With humidity control dome, keep the seedlings moist and reduce water evaporation; Base tray provides gentle warmth to the plant bed and balances moisture levels....
- ☘EASY TO USE - Use the seed trays for sowing, saving time and effort, the operation is also very convenient. Widely used in flowers, vegetables, fruits, trees, tobacco and other agricultural...
- ☘EFFICIENTTRANSFER HEAT - With drain hole at bottom of each cell for proper drainage, reduce roots oversaturating. Reusable and a great way to foster a beautiful and healthy garden
- [Tray with Cover]:Heat and moisture preservation,high budding rate and grow faster
- [Healthy and green]:Made from BPA Free PP Material.Sprouting without soil or ohter additives.Enjoy healthy sprouts for salads, sandwiches and soups.
- [Multifunction]:Both seed sprouter and storage tray.can sprout multiple types of seeds,soya bean,mung bean,peanut,balck bean,wheat etc
- SEED STARTER POTS - these starter trays are biodegradable. Each cell is 1.75" square and 2" deep, overall 4"W by 10"L
- INCLUDED - each peat pot kit includes 5 germination trays with 10 cells in each(50 Total) AND 10 plastic plant markers - ***PLANT MARKERS ARE NOT BIODEGRADABLE***
- ALL NATURAL - biodegradable and perfect for Seeds, Seedlings, Vegetables, Plants, and Flowers these natural pots allow plant roots to naturally air prune as they emerge through the pot
- Simple and Smart Home Gardening: Fill the water tank and sit the sponge, cultivate seeds with included nutrient concentrates. Once sprouted, connect and turn on LED lighting. Now your home herb garden...
- Eco-friendly Grow: VegeBox creates a eco-friendly recycled hydroponics. No herbicides, no pesticides, no chemical residues, everything is safe here. Roots are suspended in water and air, making sure...
- Fresh Vegetables Year Around: All Vegeboxs come with automated, built in LED grow light panels that provide everything plants need to produce and flourish. Get one and built your home herb garden,...
- SMART CONTROL - Adjustable vents of this seedling trays allow you to regulate the temperature and humidity of your seedling environment, keep the seedlings moist and reduce water evaporation.
- EFFICIENCY DESIGN - At the bottom of each cell with the drain holes design to be helpful for the plants with the rapid growth and reduce the roots oversaturating.
- GREAT FOR SEED STARTING - these seed trays are suitable for small seeds, such as flowers, vegetables, fruits, tobacco, peppers, eggplants, small plant etc.
- 7" dome for growing bigger and taller starts
- Increases germination success
- Better humidity control for optimum growth
- Super Sprouter 7 in Ultra Clear Vented Dome with built in light track channels
- Super Sprouter 18 in high output T5 fluorescent grow light designed for the channeled dome
- Super Sprouter Double Thick 10 x 20 inch tray with no holes
- ☘ GREAT FOR SAPLINGS & STARTERS - With a 1.9" diameter, KORAM Seedling Trays are perfectly sized for starting flowers, herbs, and vegetable saplings like tomatoes and cucumbers, beans, peppers,...
- ☘ EFFICIENT TRANSFER OF HEAT - With humidity lid and base allow heat to easily penetrate and keep soil at consistent temperatures. Ideal garden seed planter for indoor home and greenhouse use
- ☘ FLEXIBLE PLASTIC - allows for easy plant removal and convenient 6 cell packs make transplanting a breeze; Thickened bottom edge material that can withstand the pressure, it would not lose soil or...
- Widely Used: Seed starter tray perfect for starting flower and vegetable seeds indoors or fruits, trees and other agricultural cultivation
- Efficent Transfer Heat: With humidity control dome, keep the seedlings moist and reduce water evaporation,the drain hole at bottom of each cell for proper drainage, reduce roots...
- Reliable and long life Plastic -These trays are quite durable can be reused for many times if treated carefully
1. What is germination?
The germination phase of a plant begins at the exit of the first root and ends in the formation of the second leaf stage of the seedling. The plant then enters the vegetative phase. The different germination methods of a seed are not very complex and require little attention, as that sometimes dazzling result. The simple fact that the seed is placed in the vegetable container of the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours makes it possible to simulate a winter environment (it is also an excellent way to get the seeds in a box at a stable temperature.
2. Three methods of germination
2.1. Technique of the two plates:
Take a plate and put a double layer of absorbent paper (the cotton is too thread-like) moistened with water at pH 5.8. Put the seed and cover it with another double layer of paper, re-moisten. Cover with a plate
2.2. Glass Technology:
Place the seed in a glass of water at pH 5.8 and remove it immediately as it flows to prevent seed from opening. You should see the first root of the seedling.
2.3. Direct germination in the underground:
In the soil, place the seeds in a small plastic container (7 x 7 cm or less) about 1/2 centimeter from the surface, sprinkle with the soil, without crushing and spraying morning and night until the appearance of two first leaves (the cotyledons ). Then water as soon as necessary, only after the leaves seem to avoid suffocation or the movement of the seeds at the bottom of the pot.
In rock wool, decontaminate the block in water at pH 5.5 for 24 hours and then place the seed in the block. In the morning and in the evening, spray the cube with water pH 5.8 to moisten it (without wetting) until the first leaves appear. Once the block is filled with roots, repair the plant immediately (the roots that are light sensitive) in the selected substrate without removing the rockwool.
In any case, the ideal way to germinate is to use a greenhouse or other system (reusable as part of the cutting process) to ensure optimum hygrometry and temperature for your seedlings. For this reason, the greenhouse ventilation must be closed during the first days of germination and then gradually opened the following days, the planting being very sensitive to sudden climate change.
3. Cutting or cloning
The principle of the cuttings is to create from the stem of a plant another plant of the same genetic code with the same characteristics (structure, production and taste) as the original plant, called mother plant. In other words, the spread is a vegetative propagation of certain plants, which consists of a new individual (individual child of the mother plant) from an organ or an isolated organ fragment (piece twig, leaf, root, stem, onion scale). This technique is a form of cloning: the cut is genetically identical to the mother plant.
How do you get your first cut?
As an indoor gardener, this technique allows you to have no unpleasant surprises as your next cuttings come out of your favorite plant. The cuttings or a plant cloning requires attention and some essential accessories for a successful first cutting (hothouse, knife sterilized or cutter, bouturette aeroponics, hormones for cuttings …).
Prepare a glass of water pH 5.8
Take 8 to 12 cm chopped bevels and immerse them directly in the glass.
Remove all leaves from the trunk, except the upper ones, which must be cut halfway to avoid excessive water absorption.
Rinse the clay balls in pH 5.5 water and prepare the clean, water-filled plug system always at the same pH value.
Change the system water every 5 to 7 days
When small white spots appear on the trunk (the future roots!), Add a root stimulator to the irrigation water. After reaching a suitable root system, transplant the incision into the selected substrate with the basket.
Knowing that a beginner with his cuttings will be successful at 50% (90 in the aeroponic system), you are planning an error limit to get the desired number. Get your first roots in 5 days!
Propagation systems such as the Super Clone allow to obtain from cuttings and seeds, young, vigorous and well-rooted plants with excellent adaptability to environments in which they are transplanted.
Cutting the most common method of soil / inert substrate
1. Prepare a glass of water pH 5.5. Locate the cuttings of the plant: straight branches 8 to 12 cm long, the trunk is neither too thin nor too wide, so that it can stand straight. This will not allow you to spend too much energy to keep your outer structure alive. Using a scalpel or a sterilized knife, cut the selected stem (preferably below a knot).
2. Immediately place in the glass of water to avoid the risk of cutting a bubble into the cut which would be fatal (embolism).
3. Once the cuttings have been removed, separate from all leaves of the trunk, except those of the top (2/3 leaves), which must be cut in half (so that the cut can sweat, sweat as little as possible). Let the stems stand in the dark for 6 to 12 hours (not to do step in the context of cutting in aeroponics).
Activate with cuttings hormone
To increase your chances of getting your cuttings, fill a small container of cuttings of hormones (not directly into the bottle of cuttings hormones to prevent bacterial growth from one cut to another) and apply the hormones to 1 to 2 inches at the bottom of the tribe. Shorten the stem by half a centimeter (also bevel).
4. Place the cuttings in the selected substrate (rock wool or soil) and moisten them in a closed greenhouse (ideal temperature 18-23 ° C). Cuttings should receive light for 18 hours a day. A compact fluorescent or neon lamp of at least 40 cm is ideal. Spray the hood of the greenhouse, substrate and cuttings with water at pH 5.8 to 6 in the morning and in the evening.
5. Be careful not to leave puddles in the greenhouse to prevent mold. After 5 to 6 days you start to open the ventilation slots of the greenhouse: half aeration every day. To speed up the roots, add a root stimulator to the water (always at pH 5.8 to
6. And then spray.
Once the ventilation holes are fully open, open the hood of the greenhouse, ventilate gradually and continue driving. The next day, remove the hood permanently and water, if necessary (without spraying, to avoid the effect of “magnifying glass”, always with the same solution.
Cutting took place when new shoots in the eyes can be seen after 3 to 4 weeks.
Once the substrate is filled with roots (earthen jars filled or rockwool to see the roots), transplantation, transplantation into the growing medium (clay beads, earth, rockwool) is chosen.