See here the list of Top 10 best powered mobility scooter. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones
- Quick and easy disassembly; Interchangeable color panels hide scuffs and scratches
- Height adjustable swivel seat with fold down backrest; Armrests are padded and adjustable; Comes with large plastic carry basket
- Delta tiller is easy to adjust; Ergonomic throttle control with easy freewheel operation
- MANEUVERABILITY - With the easy to use Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter by Pride, the three wheel styling provides maneuverability in tight spaces with a sharp turning radius and smooth...
- TRANSPORTABLE - Designed to be easy to transport, this travel scooter can be quickly disassembled into 5 lightweight pieces that easily fit in the trunk of an average sized sedan. The heaviest piece...
- COMFORT - Ride in comfort and style; this travel scooter features an attractive fully-padded faux-leather seat that offers an adjustable height to suit users of nearly all heights, as well as padded...
- ✅✅✅ [ SMOOTH RIDE ] -- New ComfyGo Mobility Scooter Comes with a 9 Inch Big Tires and 4 Tire Suspensions for the Smoothest Ride You Can Imagine.
- ✅✅✅ [ EASY TO HANDLE ] -- With a Portable and Easy to Disassemble Features New ComfyGo Mobility Scooter Gives You Amazing Benefits of a Full Size Mobility Scooter.
- ✅✅✅ [ DURABLE AND STYLISH ] -- With 5 Vivid Color Options and Better Design New ComfyGo Mobility Gives You the Most Comfort You can Imagine.
- Lightweight: heaviest piece is only 28Lbs, 92lbs fully assembled
- Long Range: 10miles at max speed 4.5mph, charging on- or off-board
- Executive swivel seat with adjustable height and armrests, comes with lights, basket, horn
- Quick and easy disassembly; Interchangeable color panels hide scuffs and scratches
- Height-adjustable swivel seat with fold-down backrest; Armrests are padded and adjustable; Comes with large plastic carry basket
- Delta tiller is easy to adjust; Ergonomic throttle control with easy freewheel operation
- See BONUS items below in Product Description. Our Euro Style Scooter has a maximum speed of 22 mph and 36 mile range on a single charge. (average weight on smooth flat ground)
- THREE wheels for maximum stability and control. Great for seniors, physically challenged and kids too.
- Unmatched Power and Maneuverability. Forward and reverse, with easy motorcycle type speed control. Fully charges in just 6 hours.
- Comfortable Seating
- Extended, 18 mile drive range
- Max speed of 5 mph
- Front and rear suspension
- Includes battery, charger and Interchangeable color panels; Quick and easy disassembly.The turning radius is 45.5 inches
- Armrests are padded and adjustable; Height-adjustable swivel seat with fold-down backrest
- Delta tiller is easily adjustable; Ergonomic throttle control with easy freewheel operation
- ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE: Long drive range of 15.5 miles, 300-pound weight capacity, 3.5 mph top speed
- PORTABLE: Disassembles in just seconds to easily fit in the trunk of virtually any car, heaviest piece is only 35 pounds
- MANEUVERABILITY: Tight turning radius of 26" for narrow spaces and tight corners
Purchase advice: How to find the right product in our electric scooter comparison 2019
- You see them more and more often – small electric scooters that jet with power through the streets. Where once children took a swing with one foot, today you can comfortably climb in a business suit and whiz to the next appointment.
- Discover the compact scooters as a great alternative to public transport or the car, because the electrically powered runabout let you easily through the city. Become part of the still new electro-mobility, which in future will be an integral part of the streets.
- Find out how adult electric scooters differ from electric scooters for seniors and electric scooters for kids. It is not for nothing that manufacturers have developed different e-scooters for different age groups.
Treat yourself with a modern electric scooter the freedom and flexibility, almost everywhere at high speeds to handle certain routes. Do not torment yourself with balance exercises on hoverboards, but use electric scooters.
The city runabouts have nothing in common with electric shoppers for seniors, but are comfortable scooters for different ages. Use our electric scooter comparison 2019 to filter out the wide range of suitable models. Stay mobile and take care of the environment.
1. How the functioning of an electric scooter enriches your everyday life
Modern electric scooters, also referred to as e-scooters for short, are structurally reminiscent of the good old pedal scooter that many still know from their own childhood days. Tires are located at the front and rear of a low center section, while a foot can be placed on the center section. In the front area sits on a long pole of the handlebars . This is so high that you can hold it comfortably while standing next to the scooter.
To pick up speed, you had to place only one foot on the treadmill on the non-motorized variants of earlier days, while you took the other leg properly momentum and repeatedly stepped off the road. If you had enough momentum, you could hang the kicking leg loose or at least partly also supported on the running board. Lost the momentum, had to be refilled by own stregth.
A modern electric scooter has a similar structure, but the physical effort is almost completely eliminated. The electric drive is cleverly built into the frame of the scooter and is often on the running board or in the area of the rear tire. Control is via the handlebar , which not only changes the direction. A handbrake as well as a throttle or another variant of the speed control allow the convenient operation of the devices.
Such self-propelled scooters are suitable as electric scooters for adults who want to manage short distances without a car, bicycle or public transport. The offspring can also visit friends with electric scooters for children with appropriate protective clothing or even roll to school.
2. Kaufberatung: Why you should prefer electric scooters with street legal
As soon as you take the electric scooter off the private property, you inevitably have to deal with the rules that apply to road traffic, sidewalks and compulsory driving licenses. Unfortunately, the comparatively new technology still causes some uncertainties, as has been noted in various electric scooter tests.
The self-propelled scooters are not as common as pedelecs and e-bikes , but with these regulations and bids we can give you some guidance. Keep to the following basic rules if you want to buy an electric scooter:
- Do not drive electric scooters on marked sidewalks for pedestrians, but push them.
- Note the possible maximum speeds. After all, vehicles driving at more than 6 km / h require an operating permit on public roads. If the equipment is faster than 25 km / h, you must even have a driving license of category B or AM (moded or scooter license).
- Before buying, check whether the manufacturer is more like the e-scooter e-bike or even a scooter.
- From 20 km / h helmet is mandatory, and you should always wear this for safety reasons. Children and adolescents should never drive electric scooters without head protection.
- Check your liability insurance to see if the consequences of accidents are included and covered. Without liability insurance you are not allowed to take e-scooters on the road.
- Choose street legal electric scooters that will put you on the safe side legally. Unfortunately, the corresponding declarations are difficult to find in many providers.
3. How to find the best electric scooter with the ideal characteristics for your application
First of all, let’s talk about a particularly fundamental variant of e-scooters. It is not only available as a stationary mobile variant, but also as an electric scooter with seat . In addition to the question of whether you want to ride with saddle or not, there are other features that you should consider when buying.
3.1. Electric scooter battery or battery – no charge no power
The battery packs the power with which you can use an e-scooter. In the e-scooter tests, which we compared for you, there were different variants. Either electric scooters are equipped with batteries or rechargeable batteries. Of course, the batteries are rechargeable and have nothing in common with compact batteries that you use, for example, in the remote control.
Both versions drive the electric scooter engine, whereby the combination of power in watts also has an effect on the running time. Generally, batteries discharge faster when the scooter is driven at full speed. Some manufacturers even make specific statements about the max. Running time (km). Try to find out in advance which period the battery needs to be fully recharged. Otherwise, it could just come in professional life to a failure.
3.2. Electric scooter performance and speed for a fast ride
The higher the max. Power (W) of an electric scooter depends on the engine. Some models are equipped with only 250 watts and drive accordingly only 15 km, but can reach up to 27 km / h. Other electric scooter engines are equipped with 1,000 watts, driving up to 32 km / h fast. Of course, the weight of the scooter itself and of the driver always plays an important role. The more weight you have to move with a small motor, the less power and range you can expect.
3.3. Electric scooters – the maximum load capacity should match your own weight
No matter whether you buy a particularly cheap electric scooter, a branded product with plenty of accessories or an electric scooter – always pay attention to the maximum weight of the scooter. A used electric scooter for children is often approved for a load of up to 45 kg , while models for adults and adolescents can carry people up to 125 kg.
Especially when you drive to the post office with the electric scooter and then take a longer route by bus or train, the dead weight plays an important role. Even for appointments in office buildings without a lift, transporting heavy electric scooters can quickly become a burden.In addition to the maximum load capacity, pay attention to what the scooter itself brings to the scale. As a rule, electric scooters with a seat always weigh a bit more because of their design, while e-scooters without a seat are lighter.
4. Why you should prefer an electric scooter to the kick scooter
Even if the initial cost is slightly higher and you naturally have to pay constant attention to the loading of the batteries and batteries, a scooter with drive has many advantages over a scooter that you would have to operate with your own muscle power. Seniors or physically slightly restricted people enjoy the comfort of electric scooters seated. The scooters are sometimes even available as an electric scooter tricycle, so anytime a small break can be inserted without the scooter tips over.
In the hectic business life you probably do not want to appear with a soaked shirt at the next customer appointment, which is charmingly avoided by the drive of electric scooters. With a foldable electric scooter, you can create a particularly handy city scooter , which you can store and transport in a space-saving and convenient way.
The advantages and disadvantages at a glance:
- without muscle power, high speeds are achieved
- convenient for short trips or the transport of purchases or packages
- Suitable for seniors, children and adults
- no charge without a charged battery
- comparatively high weight
5. Road legal registration of electric scooters and sharing services
Since the summer of 2019, they have sprung up overnight – the language is from electric scooters known sharing providers such as Lime, Animal, Bird and Co. The road approval of electric scooters in Germany since June 2019 decided thing. Shortly after the law came into force in June 2019, thousands of electric scooters were installed in major cities such as Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, but also Dusseldorf or Münster. In particular, commuters and tourists are among the target group, because they are particularly interested in short trips back very quickly. Similar to car sharing, the electric scooters do not have to be purchased, but can be borrowed in minutes via the app of the respective provider.
5.1. The models of the sharing services of electric scooters in Germany at a glance
If you rarely use the electric scooter or want to rent for short distances in the city center, we advise you to use the sharing services. However, keep in mind that you have to pay one euro for the unlocking of the device each trip, and travel costs also vary within German cities; borrowing the electric scooter in Münster is cheaper than in Hamburg.
5.2. The following rules should be followed by road traffic
Theoretically, the commissioning of electric scooters is easy: start app and login, unlock device and accelerate. But even if you only borrow the electric scooter, you must follow road traffic and other user rules.
- the journey may only be started under 21 years old or during the probationary period in a sober condition, after which the same rules apply as for motorists
- The electric scooters may only be driven on bicycle lanes or, if these are not available, on the right side of the road, basically the same rules apply as when cycling
- On an electric scooter only one person is allowed, no other passengers may be taken
- Electric scooters with 20 km / h may be used only from the age of 15 years, with sharing providers, it may be that this is only allowed from the age of 18 years
5.3. For commuters, it pays to buy an electric scooter
Whether you should just borrow an electric scooter or buy the tested electric scooter from lime or animal, you decide. The fact is: A private electric scooter is an expensive purchase, moreover, there is a compulsory insurance. You also have the option to hire an electric scooter per month from suppliers like Grover.
For commuters and daily use it is worth after a short time to buy their own electric scooter instead of renting or renting an electric scooter. The price of good electric scooters with 20 km / h and for electric scooters, which are approved according to StVO, varies between 150 and several hundred euros.
6. Which electric scooter accessories you should treat yourself to and how the scooters are maintained
6.1. Helmet required for eletro scooters
As soon as you participate in the street vendors, you are required to wear a helmet on an electric scooter. On the other hand, those who travel on their own private grounds may (but should not!) Forego the helmet. The most important accessory when traveling with the electric scooter is the crash helmet on your head. Find out from specialist dealers which bike or motorcycle helmets harmonize with the maximum speeds that you can achieve with the respective scooter.
In order to really be safe on the road, you should treat yourself and your children to a safety vest in bright colors. Especially at dusk or in complete darkness you will be better seen by other road users. A handy accessory would be, for example, a small handlebar basket where you can store your bag or small purchases. This leaves your hands free and you steer much safer, as if a canvas bag on one side complains the handlebars.
When buying, also pay attention to where electric scooter replacement parts are available. If there is a defect in the electric scooter, many electric scooter tests indicated that electric scooter replacement parts were difficult to obtain.
6.2. Cleaning and care get the attractiveness
The robust electric scooters are relatively easy to clean. Soiling on the frame, wheels and seat can be easily washed off with soap foam and sponges. If autumn leaves and dirt get caught in the grooves of the tires or spokes, you can also use a brush. Occasional spraying with the garden hose does not bother the scooter, but you should definitely remove batteries and batteries in advance.
Do not risk losing their functionality, but check the manufacturers’ websites for the correct course of action. On the internet, you’ll find plenty of videos that provide you with step-by-step instructions with pictures and sound.On the brake, occasionally some oil can not harm you, while you should maintain the maintenance and care of the batteries and rechargeable batteries meticulously to the manufacturer’s specifications.
7. Which model was awarded the electric scooter test winner of Stiftung Warentest?
Unfortunately, we have to owe this answer to you, because Stiftung Warentest has not carried out an electric scooter test so far . However, Foundation reports provide important information about what you need to know about liability and use of walkways, such as having your children drive a hoverboard.
8. Venture through the city with brand quality on an electric scooter
In different electric scooter tests, the same brands repeatedly come up with very good results. Seat models are found in good quality by E-Flux , while brands like Partu, DCB, Razor and Vida produce high performance scooters without seats.
9. Important questions and answers about electric scooters
9.1. Are there electric scooters as a 2-seater?
If you are looking for an electric scooter with 2 seats, you have to be prepared for a real electric scooter instead of a scooter. As variants on two wheels or as a tricycle, there are various variants, but all are no longer comparable to the handy city-Flitzern.
9.2. How do you dispose of electric scooter batteries?
A battery is under no circumstances in the household waste . Please read the operating instructions to see if the manufacturer takes back the batteries, which many offer for free. There the batteries are recycled and no toxic substances are released into the environment.